deafConnectEd (formerly the Centre of Excellence for Students who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing at NMIT) is offering a series of workshops for Auslan teachers in conjunction with NMIT.
The workshops will be taught by Assoc. Professor Adam Schembri and will cover the following topics:
- 10 May: General Issues in Sign Language Linguistics and Auslan Teaching (SASS, Handling and Depicting Signs)
- 14 June: Sign Language Phonology (Sign Structure) and Auslan Teaching
- 26 July: Hands on workshop focussing on the skills learned in the previous two workshops
- 20 September: Sign Language Vocabulary and Auslan Teaching
- 18 October: Sign Language Syntax (Sign Sentence Structure) and Auslan Teaching
- 6 December: Assessment and Benchmarking of Auslan Skills
They are open to all Auslan teachers and will be taught in Auslan.
Cost: $40 each or $200 for all six. A flier advertising the workshops and a registration form can be found here: Auslan Linguistics PD series flyer.