Name: Sophie Li
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachelor of Environments (Melbourne University)
Hear For You – Volunteer Mentor and National Communications & Programs Coordinator
Vicdeaf – Information & Media Coordinator
What are you passionate about?
Everything! It’s hard for me to choose what I want to do sometimes.
What skills, experience, strengths or knowledge can you offer someone as their mentor?
– Resume writing
– Skills useful for employment (email, behaviour, conflict management, Employment Assistance Fund, finding specific information)
– Experience in working in a hearing organisation and deaf organisation
– Experience in studying at university
Best advice you would give or have been given:
Be smart with your life after school:
– Keep learning and keep developing your English and technology skills
– Go for a useful qualification/degree that makes you ’employable’
– The opportunities come after the first job, so keep working!
– If you are stuck, always ask for help
Most important life lessons learned:
Life as an adult can be hard! Develop your support network so that you always have help in case you need it.
Do the best you can by working hard and enjoy life to the full!